Saturday, May 31, 2008

Big News!

My granddaughter, Malaia's, husband, John, has gotten a new job in Baltimore!

That means that next weekend he'll be moving there.

Malaia will stay in Ohio while they sell the house, etc.

But, that means that she will soon be living hundreds of miles closer to me! I haven't seen her in about a year. If she's in Baltimore soon, we'll probably see her when we're in Baltimore for Stitches East! She'll probably go the Sheep and Wool Festival in the Spring! We might all be able to go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival together!

Lots of fun!

In knitting news, I've bound off the bottom of the second poncho, and am picking up the stitches around the neck for the hood. In the meantime, the needle (a 24 inch size 8 nickel-plated circular) has managed to disappear. I last saw it Monday or Tuesday, and there are a limited number of places it could have gone. Reason tells me I'll find it right away. But I spent nearly an hour looking for it, and it doesn't seem to be here. So, the poncho is on hold for a bit.

Holly and I  plan to go out today, and I don't have a knitting project to take along unless I find the needle.

I tried to find some size 6 Bryspun DP needles locally so I could knit the rune bags, but nobody seems to have them. So, I gave up and ordered a set of nickel-plated ones from Knit Picks. While I was at it, I also ordered some sock yarn. I have two pair of summer socks, and no shoes that I can wear without socks, so two pair is not enough.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment