Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Well, I just checked the Beedle the Bard contest on Amazon. They chose only poetry, and I wrote prose, so that let me out right off the bat.

The poems are cute, even the ones written by adults. One has footnotes.

You can see the entries and vote for your favorite here.

Oh, well, I tried.

More later, I hope.

***********************

Addition:

OK, here are the photos!


This is what my WIP poncho looks like as of yesterday. I have a provisional cast-on at the neck, and am expanding outward toward the bottom. Since the needle is much shorter than the hem of the poncho, it currently looks like a bag with a hole in the bottom. It needs to be 17 inches long, and it is now 16 inches long. Unfortunately, since it's expanding, every other row gets longer, and the last inch will drag on forever.



And here is a photo of my new lazy kate, the one I got at the Sheep and Wool Festival.


I just hope it works as well as it looks. I haven't tried it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment