Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, as everyone in the United States knows (because they have a day off of work) it's Memorial Day.

For those of you who do not live in the US, it's a day that we honor American soldiers who have died in wars (and get a day off of work).

Usually there is barbecuing of meat, and maybe a few vegetables, preferably somewhere out in the country, or at least in a park. 

Many people view this as the official kick-off of Summer!

Where I am, we are, in fact, having the first day this year with a temperature over 83 degrees, so it does seem awfully Summery.

The TV stations have viewed this as an opportunity to get anything worth watching off the air for last week and this week.

In knitting news, I'm knitting a prototype of the rune bag I'm designing. It's fighting back. I need double point needles. I'm going to order DP needles and quit on that for a while.

And I'm knitting the second poncho with the yarn left over from the first poncho. The one where I bought twice as much yarn as I need.

There will be a bit left over, and I think I'll make one of Crazy Aunt Purl's berets and take a photo of it for the blog.

Have a great Memorial Day!

For non-US residents, have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment