Friday, May 23, 2008

New on Ravelry!



My daughter is new on Ravelry. If you drop by to see her, there won't be much to see since she only got on yesterday.

But feel free to drop  on by, introduce yourself and make her your friend.

A blockbuster Medieval movie will be on FX tonight and tomorrow. It's called Kingdom of Heaven, and it's one of the best I've ever seen of the period.

Actually, that's damming with faint praise. I love this movie! It's got everything. Action, adventure, historical figures, crusades, and a love story. This has so much in it that I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't love it. It just has everything, including Orlando Bloom! I can't praise it enough.

As a fiberartist, I have to say that the costumes are drop-dead gorgeous, and they seem to be very authentic, unlike most of what you see on the screen and TV about that era these days.

As far as costumes are concerned, the show not to watch is Robin Hood. The costume designer seems to think Robin Hood lived about 1890, and I saw Marian wear a top that I could go in WalMart and buy today. The stories aren't period, either. I watched an episode last week that's firmly based in modern knowledge and experience, and had motivations that would have bewildered anyone from the real middle ages.

Well, I'm going to go now and try to figure out why ComCast is malfunctioning (again) and not showing the movie I tuned in to.

Don't forget. Sunday is Towel Day. My towel is ready.

Do you know where your towel is?

Have a great Friday and check your local schedules for Kingdom of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment