Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Monday!

I'm going to recap a bit on Mother's Day.

Here is the yarn Holly bought me for Towel Day.


I had wanted to get something fuzzy, like chenille. I was thinking of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille, but couldn't find anything like that in the store available (Michaels) that was absorbent and towel-like. You can't see it in the photo, but this is a really big ball of yarn.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Holly showed me her new pen. It's a Lamy fountain Pen, and we have both fallen in love with it. The photo doesn't make it look like anything special, but in real life, it looks and feels like you're writing with a big diamond. And the ink is a beautiful periwinkle blue. Somewhere between blue and lavender. Either of those labels could describe the color.

I've been knitting and am almost done with the poncho. It has about 2 more inches left to do on the hood, and this is what it looks like now:


I'm going to quit, now, because I'm currently missing Jake 2.0 on SciFi.

Have a great Monday!


********************

Addition:

I was just over at Crazy Aunt Purl's blog, and she has a contest going on. Hop on over there and sign up to win. She's giving away some high-tech shopping bags, but also a copy of her book each day for the next 5 days.

I'm entering mainly for the book!

Oh, and Saturday, Holly was asking me about the new Dresden Files books coming out this fall. I nearly forgot, she bought a copy of the next Dresden book while we were at Borders.

There are two that will be appearing at almost the same time, Welcome to the Jungle (which finally has a cover), and Backup, which is actually Thomas' view on something he and Harry do together. 

If you're new to The Dresden Files, the first book is Storm Front. There is also a DVD of the short-lived Dresden Files TV show. I cannot recommend these books highly enough. This is about a grown-up wizard named Harry. They are fabulous!

You may now resume your regularly-scheduled Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment