Friday, May 9, 2008

Firefly! And SF Update!

Next Friday, the SciFi Channel will be showing Firefly during it's normal daytime rotation. They will be starting from the beginning and getting as far as they can in the time alloted.

When I first watched Firefly, I liked it until I got to "Our Mrs. Reynolds," Then, I loved it!

Then the next episode was "Jaynestown!" "Jaynestown" was (in my opinion) the best episode of the series. And it will be the last episode that they'll show next Friday, so you'll get a chance to see it.

They will not be showing The Message which is the one that all the knitters want to watch. This is the one where they pick up mail, and Jayne gets a hand-knit hat from his mother. It's awful!  It's an earflap hat which hasn't been blocked, so it's curling up, and the ends haven't been darned in, and it's yellow, orange and red. And Jayne loves it and wears it for the rest of the episode.

Anyway, for you knitters, you should record them. In several episodes, Wash wears sweaters with cables that are fabulous! You'll want to go back and see stills of him wearing the sweaters.

Tonight, on SciFi, they'll be showing two more episodes of "The Sarah Jane Adventures," The second part of "WARRIORS OF KUDLAK" and "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SARAH JANE - PART 1." Sorry about the caps, I copied it directly from the SciFi schedule and that's the way they had it.

That will, of course, be followed by Doctor Who with "PLANET OF THE OOD." If you're a fan, you'll remember that we ran into them before in "The Impossible Planet" and "The Satan Pit."

Next Friday, after Firefly, in the evening, they'll be showing two more Sarah Jane, and the Doctor Who episode will be "THE SONTARAN STRATAGEM."

This evening, CBS will also be showing a new "Ghost Whisperer" and "Moonlight."

In the meantime, on Monday, SciFi will be showing "Jake 2.0" during the day. The best episode they'll be showing is "Double Agent" in my opinion. SF fans will love the inside jokes.

I should have taken my books back to the library yesterday, but the rain was pouring down all day, and I was not happy about walking over there. There were flood warnings for my area last night. It rained, and rained, and RAINED! There were also tornado and severe thunderstorm warning for surrounding areas. Yesterday was a bad day weather-wise. Today it's raining a bit off and on. 

I've added a weather pixie to my sidebar so you can see what the weather is like around here. Actually, it reports the weather at the airport at Fort Belvoir, Davison Field. I love going past that airport! There are choppers of various descriptions and Lear Jets going in and out frequently. Especially the choppers.

I'll have to pull myself together and return some books.

I just finished reading the series by Angie Sage that starts with "Magyk." It may be a kid's series, but it's awfully good.

In knitting news, I finished the bind-off for the poncho, and am now picking up stitches from the provisional bind-off around the neck for the hood. Photos soon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment