Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quiet Saturday

I've only taken a few photos with my new camera to test it out, but I thought you might like to see some of them.

Here's a photo of a gargoyle that Steve gave me for Christmas in 1999. I really love this little gargoyle.



We've had cloudy, rainy days most of this week. I was hoping to get a chance to take some photos of the full moon because my camera has a long lens and I should be able to get some good shots. But we've had complete cloud cover all the time that it's been near full. Last night, the ceiling was at zero feet.

But things started to clear late in the afternoon, and the sky looked like this.


Right after that  picture was taken, the TV started displaying tornado warnings for my area. Actually, the warning expired at 7:20 local time, and they were still showing warnings at 9:30. You know Comcast. Anything to make a problem for viewers. They can take a public service (like announcing a storm warning) and turn it into a public nuisance.

***********************

I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the pocket openings on the Celtic Sweater, but I decided to put another Saint John's cross on each side in the shaping instead of the generic knotwork I put there the first time. Photos tomorrow when I get some daylight to work with. I have a flash, but natural light is so much better.

**********************

The BBC in America showed a rerun of the first episode of Primeval. They'll be showing it again tomorrow in case you missed it the first time around.

They also showed a rerun of the latest Christmas episode of Doctor Who, and the first episode with Donna Noble, Partners in Crime.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment