Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Here! It's Here!

The extra printer cartridges came the other day, but the printer and camera all arrived today.

Well, that's not exactly true. The camera arrived at the building I live in, but they wouldn't give it to me because I checked for it after 4:30. If you get a package, you have to pick it up at their convenience or wait until the next day (at their convenience).


So, I already knew the camera was there (no mail yesterday because it was Veterans Day, and this was shipped via courier), and went down early to pick it up.

Which turned out to be a good thing because they were doing flu shots this morning, and I forgot about it. So, because I was up and out, I got my flu shot today.

None of it is completely operational yet. I put an SD card in it from my little camera and tested it. It works. It comes with a book to read, and I've just skimmed the beginning, so there's a lot to do there.



The printer will involve lots of moving things around and rearranging furniture, so it may not be up and running for a couple of days. Maybe three days. I have a dental appointment tomorrow. I suspect that between the length of time of the work the dentist is doing and the bus rides, plus time to lay down and take a nap when the Novocaine wears off, it's going to take up the whole day.

I may just set it on the floor and plug it in to test it, and then move it where I want it later.

I kept thinking of it as a bulky commercial Xerox machine, but it's actually much smaller. The listing said that there was only one set of ink cartridges included, but I thought I saw two when I started to unpack. It's not completely out of the box yet, so I should wait until I get it running before I say anything about it.

I also have to go to the library. I wanted to get that done, and went yesterday. I didn't remember that the library is closed on Veterans Day until I got there. So, I still have to go today.

I'm currently reading Fire and Hemlock, by Diana Wynne Jones, and it's very good! It's a modern retelling of the ancient story of Tam Lin, who is captured by the fairies, who later plan to sacrifice him to hell, and how he's saved by his girlfriend, Janet (or in this case, Polly).

The story starts with Polly at the age of 19, remembering things that happened to her when she was 10 years old. She meets a man named Thomas Lynn, and they become friends and start inventing fantasies together. Things get a bit more stressed-out when the fantasies start coming true, causing some scary moments. I read this book a while ago, and loved it. I'm loving it all over again this time.

I have to go. There's so much to do today!

Have a great evening!

*************************

RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

This post has been modified to add this information:

There's a cool article about the new Steve Canyon DVD that John and I have been working on!

See the new art large, here!

I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment