Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hello, and 'Bye for Now

I'm desperately trying to pull myself together and get ready to leave for Stitches East tomorrow!

I also need to get all the stuff together for the first volume of the Steve Canyon DVD!

So, this will be a short post. Really short!

And I've been trying to order a new camera, specifically, a Canon Powershot SX10.

It seems that the places on the internet that advertise the low prices will only sell you a camera if you buy extra-expensive accessories at the same time. The first one I tried, Prestige Camera, asked me to call them to confirm the order. They said the camera was in stock and would ship the same day. But I didn't want to spend $175 for a memory card that was half the size of the one I could buy for $8, and, in fact, later got free (from Amazon) with the camera. Then they decided that the camera wasn't in stock! They just were refusing to sell at the advertised price because I wouldn't buy the card or some batteries and charger at grossly inflated prices.

I tried another place, and they tried to do the same thing, and then finally said that they would sell me one at the advertised price, but it would be the European version (?), and it wouldn't have a warranty.

I finally ordered from Amazon and got the free memory card.

I have the disk labels to do on the DVD, and some left on the inside cover, and I still have to do laundry!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment