Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm Moving On into Christmas Mode

Well, Thanksgiving is over, and yesterday I got to shop in a real WalMart, not the pale imitation near me.

I say the one near me is a pale imitation because I only found out that they carry the new Caron Simply Soft Eco yarn because I started seeing a few skeins of white and natural at the top of a big empty section of their yarn display, and the empty section says that's what's supposed to be there.

Yesterday, I got a skein of it in the dark denim color and two skeins of white Fun Fur to make a Santa hat.


SantaHat1

This is how far I got last night and a bit this morning. Once it's finished and I like it, I'll write up the instructions and post it. I think I'm going to like it, although I haven't figured out how I'm going to make the furry ball at the end of the hat. I'm mulling over several ideas including knitting it around a big bell.

*************************

Well, Eloise just came on and I want to see it, so this will be short.

I hope you're having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment