Saturday, August 2, 2008

Quiet Day

There's not much going on at the moment.

I'm still working on getting charts for cables put together for computer/internet use, without much success so far.

I'm still fighting with Comcast about many things, although I have concentrated my battle with them on just getting closed captioning on channel 50 for today. 

I finally got in touch with someone at the local Comcast office who tried channel 50 and agreed that there is no CC signal going out with the picture and sound on that channel. She did talk with the techs, who keep insisting that ABC Family is not broadcasting it to them. They did send out some kind of information for the main office to check it out with the network and try to get it turned on.

Before that, I "talked" to someone over Comcast's chat system who assured me that none of the CC that my TV displays is sent through the cable along with the picture and sound. I guess she thinks it just magically appears.

While waiting for the Ravelympics to start, I have been knitting a shawl in Caron's Simply Soft in navy, mainly because I had most of what I need for it in my stash. It's getting to big to fit on the Options size 8 needles with the 24 inch cable, and I'm going to have to transfer it to other needles. I'll be glad when the money situation eases up and I can get the entire set instead of just one set of #8 tips and one set (2) of 24 inch cables for them. I haven't tried the wooden ones, but have fallen in love with the nickel plated ones!

Tomorrow in late afternoon/early evening (here), the SciFi Channel will be showing a movie called A Sound of Thunder, which involves time travel and is based on a story by Ray Bradbury. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like it could be good. I looked it up on Amazon, and it has very mixed reviews.

The BBC in America will be showing a Doctor Who marathon tomorrow, starting at 1 pm here. Among those episodes being shown will be Blink, probably my all-time favorite, and one that works without the Doctor Who background. This is definitely worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment