Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting Up-To-Date

Last night, I got to the bottom of the body of the Celtic sweater. It now has a picot edge on it.


I looked around at the amount of yarn that's left, and there's about two skeins. And I still have to do the sleeves.

I originally bought 12 skeins, and then later bought two more in the same dye lot. Those were in-case skeins, and I-can-make-a-hat-out-of-it-if-it's-left-over skeins. That should have been more than enough.

I suspect that those two skeins are still in their original bag somewhere, and that I didn't put them with the main stash of yarn, so I may have plenty to finish with. But it's possible that I'll have to unravel the bottom and start the edging with less space between it and the knots on the side. And it might have to be narrower. 

I'm not even going to think about the pocket linings until I finish everything else. They can be finished with a different dye lot of the same yarn and color without making it a disaster.

On the knitting front, I saw the neatest pattern. SCA fans will love this. Check it out at Wicked Woolens blog. You'll love it!

On the science fiction (or, rather, fantasy) front, there's a new "autumn fantasy drama" coming out on the BBC, and I can only think that they'll be doing something really stupid if they don't also show it on BBC in America, and probably fairly soon. It's a 13-part series called Merlin, and, not surprisingly, it's the Arthurian legend retold. I can't wait for it to come to the US!

For Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams fans, the website for Dollhouse is up, and has lots of information. For those that missed out, Dollhouse is about a group of people who are kept as slaves, with their minds wiped of memories. As assignments come in for them, they are given false memories and appropriate skills to carry out the tasks they are hired for. But one of them is starting to remember a little each time. It has the possibility for greatness! Especially with those two creators (plus Eliza Dusku). Check it out.

If you'd like to see some photos of Stonehenge, check out this post from pink_hebe. Be sure to scroll down for more henge photos at the end of the post. She just went to visit it recently. Wish I could go.

And for a couple of funny photos, check out this. One of them is science fiction related.

Around here, it's overcast and rainy again, with a reasonable indoor temperature of 73 degrees. I should really get out and return my library books and try to find a place to buy postage stamps so I can mail out all these forms I'm filling out.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

***********************

Oh, by the way, there's a count-down timer to Christmas, and another to the next Harry Potter movie at the bottom of the blog (in case you don't usually scroll down).

1 comment:

  1. I'm all impressed that you have Artyarns in your Amazon store -- how handy. But then it says "not available in this store," and when I click through, it lists another seller. I'd like to buy a skein, but I'm going to wait a few days so you can check and make sure you get credit for it, or however that works.

    ReplyDelete