Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hopelessly Overcommitted!

The Ravelympics ends sometime tomorrow (I've got to look up the time), and I'm not anywhere near finishing the Celtic sweater. I'm beginning to think that the end of the month might be doable, but tomorrow is just not going to happen.

I have made a bit of progress, i.e., a lot of knitting.



This is the side of the sweater. The top shows the opening for the sleeve, and on the right you can see the front of the pocket on the right side. There will be more on the knots on either side.

It's going to be beautiful when it's finished, but it won't be in time for the Ravelympics.

I did, however finish the wimple in the Cowl Jump and Designer Discus for Team Hogwarts, Team Middle Earth, and, appropriately, Team Hopelessly Overcommitted. I put a picot bind-off on the top edge of this.


And while I was blocking that, I took the opportunity to block the shawl that's been sitting here waiting to be blocked for about a month.


Finally, another finished object! This is a bit smaller than I had planned, but I really like the picot edging. This shawl is what renewed my love for that kind of bind-off.

For all the Harry Potter fans out there, don't forget that Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire will be on today on ABC Family.

The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy will be on TNT tomorrow. Some of it will be on today, but if you follow this schedule, you can see it all!

As far as the Renfair is concerned, Malaia and Johnny will be going on Sunday, but they'll be going alone since Holly declined to go.

Don't forget about my Amazon Store if you're looking for super yarn. I've found some really great stuff to put in it, including the yarn I'm using for my Celtic sweater.

I have to get back to knitting. Just because I don't have a chance to finish on time doesn't mean that I should give up.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment