Monday, August 11, 2008

Pennsic Aftermath and Ravelympics

Today is the day I really don't envy people who had a chance to go to Pennsic!

Today is laundry day for them, and there's generally SO much laundry that the only thing to do is go to a laundromat and get it over with. There are mundane clothes, garb, and textile camping stuff, not to mention bedding. And they've all been out in the ragweed for a week or more, gathering up all sorts of other potential allergens in addition to the ragweed and grass pollen.

I don't miss that part at all.

Celtic sweater update: I spent all day yesterday and this morning trying to get the band around the neckline knitted. I've ripped it out so many times that I've lost count.

At this point, it seems as though it's going to be all right. I just have an inch to go, and the buttonloop, but I tried on the hood, and I think it's going to be good.

Because the neck opening is lower in front, it means that the hood fits fairly closely around the face, but blouses out nicely over the shoulders and around the back. It doesn't look like a sweatshirt hood, it looks like a hood on a cloak. The kind you see in Medieval movies.

I've run the rib off the band at the shoulders and the back. The shoulder break will go into the cable on the saddle shoulder band, and the back break will go into a loop at the back neck on the back of the sweater. That last wasn't needed, but I can, so I did.

Right now, it doesn't look like anything. Once I knit the shoulder cables, it will start to look recognizable.

Tonight there's a new Middleman! And I've figured out how to get to see the closed captioning, even though Comcast is not sending out the signal correctly. I'd be happier with them if they could just send it out correctly, but NO, they just don't care.

So, the first episode of Middleman I've seen with the sound available was last week. It's so much funnier than it is without sound!

I need to get back to the band around the bottom of the hood so that I can get it finished, start on the top of the fronts, and maybe even get started on the top of the back today. If I can do all that, I have a shot at finishing it for the Ravelympics.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment