Friday, June 19, 2009

Zombies In Area! Run!!!

Last night on the news here, there was a report of obscene signs on the GW Parkway yesterday morning. Along with the report they showed photos of these signs:




Sorry about the poor quality of the photos. I took them from the TV screen. 

It turns out that they left a lot out of the news report. The (apparently) correct report about the signs can be read here. It's titled "My, My, GW Parkway, Aren't We Saucy Today?"

From what I can tell, the signs shown weren't actually shown on GW Parkway today or any other day, but, in fact showed up in Austin, Texas, and you can read about this much funnier episode here. Scroll down and watch the video. There's a commercial on first, but the rest is good. If you don't want to watch the commercial, check out the same video, below, commercial-free:


View more news videos at: http://www.nbcwashington.com/video.



OK, I know that this is a safety issue, but it's also funny!

************************

Don't forget that Father's Day is on Sunday! Just thought that if you haven't seen seventeen thousand commercials yet telling you about it, it might help if I reminded you.

********************

My care package from Knit Picks arrived today with the 16 inch needles for the Christmas stockings I plan to knit and, hopefully, sell! 

There's also some yarn in the package to knit "wristwarmers" in Ravenclaw colors for the Harry Potter House Cup KAL/CAL. I'm using my own mitts pattern for them in navy blue, and I plan to sew silver colored stars on them. I know the book says bronze, but I really like the silver/grey color from the movies better, so that's what I'm doing. I'm also doing two more mitts in the light grey to go with the one I already knitted from the leftovers of the copy of Hermione's hat. Since the mitts work on either hand, I always knit three so that there are two left over after you I lose one.



Here's a photo of a mitt I made for photos to go with the pattern.

*************************

By last evening I was feeling much better than I was earlier in the day. On Wednesday, my monthly order of non-prescription "medicine," in the form of nutritional supplements, etc., arrived, and I bought some 7-Keto this month, which I haven't been able to afford for a long time.

Some people did a study, years ago, where they found a group of the sickest people they could find, and another group of people that were the most healthy they could find, and just tested everything about them that they could think of to test. The idea was to see if there was something inherently different between the two groups.

Surprisingly, they did find one big difference. The healthy people had a lot of DHEA, and the sick people had little or none. They didn't know (and to the best of my knowledge, still don't) why that is, but they tried giving DHEA to sick people, and their health improved. They have several theories: that sickness "uses up" the DHEA somehow; that people with more DHEA naturally just don't get sick or as sick; that people are sick because they don't make enough DHEA, etc., etc.

But I've found that I have more energy, and feel healthier when I take DHEA.

There's just one catch.

Some people (and that includes me), get a rash when they take it as a supplement. I happen to get a rash all over my face. Which can be embarrassing.

But more research was done on this topic, and they found out that it wasn't the DHEA itself, but a metabolite, 7-Keto that really did the trick. Luckily for me, this doesn't put a rash all over my face.

So, I'm guessing I felt down because I just wasn't feeling good, but I'm feeling much better now.

***********************

Well, I've had True Lies on TV while I'm writing this, and I want to get back to it, so I'm going to wish you a happy weekend (and Father's Day), and get back to it.

Don't forget Merlin on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment