Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm Excited About the Celtic Festival!

After all that, Holly got an email back saying that Everett was all excited about the Celtic Festival and couldn't wait to go on Saturday! It's going to be a full car, and lots of fun! I can't wait!

I've been trying to get geared up for it. Yesterday, I had some errands to run, and combined them with a trip to the WalMart down in Dumfries, which isn't as bad a ride on the buses as I was afraid it would be.

I found the right size sandals in the color I had previously wanted and bought them. The part that left me sad was that they also had them in navy blue, which I would have rather had. The problem was that they didn't have navy ones anywhere near my size. But at least I did get a pair. Now I have to go and return the ones I bought the other day. I'm thinking I should wear the new ones when I go and do that. Then I'll see if there will be any problems with them during the first extended wearing. I don't want to turn up there and limp around with a batch of blisters. I don't think I will. The sandals are pretty comfortable, but it would be nice to know.

I'd also like to get some new (lighter weight, cooler) pants. Some new T-shirts wouldn't hurt, either.

************************

Monday night, the SciFi Channel showed some episodes of Star Trek, the Next Generation, and they had the Tin Man episode on. This was written my my friend, Dave Bishoff, and I remembered how excited I was to see it the first time.

After Dave wrote it, they made some changes to it, and the credits only reflect the names of the people who worked on it most recently, so Dave's name doesn't appear on the credits, but he wrote the original story.

To find out more about how this works, you can read Trouble with Tribbles by David Gerrold. In fact, if you want to write for TV, this is a must-have book. It follows everything that David Gerrold did to get this episode written and sold, the whole long, strange trip.

Anyway, I enjoyed it all over again.

When I first met John Ellis, he had just moved up from Florida, and was sharing an apartment in Adelphi, Maryland with two others, one of whom was Dave Bishoff. Later, John moved out, and he and I shared an apartment right around the corner from Dave's place.

This time around, I noticed that they referred to one of the other ships, and the other ship's name was the Adelphi. I thought that was neat.

Oh, well, you're probably bored with this by now.

**************************

I hope you got to see the rerun of the first episode of Leverage last night. It was as good as it was the first time. If you missed it, the DVD will be out three days from now, so you can catch up on the whole season all at once, if you want.

There's a brand new Burn Notice on tonight! Check it out on USA.

I have to go!

Have a great day, and if you read this early enough, enjoy Tru Calling on SciFi!

No comments:

Post a Comment