Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Summer and Dad's Day!

We get to celebrate two things today! An excess of riches!

First of all, a Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

Also, today is the Summer Solstice! This is the longest day of the year! Get out there and do something in all the sunlight! And I hope you are having lots of sun on the official first day of Summer!

I know that many people consider Memorial Day as the beginning of Summer, but for thousands of years, the summer solstice, Litha, has been the traditional first day of summer.

It seems to me that the perfect celebration for the day would be to go to the beach.

*************************

Holly and I went out yesterday, and managed to hit two craft stores in the same day: Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics!

I got all the yarn I need for two projects I'm making, both scarves. One is from someone else's pattern because It's such a great pattern and I'm too lazy to reinvent the wheel. The other is from an idea I got from a scarf someone else invented. The pattern is published in a book, and I just plain can't afford the book (OK, I'm really to cheap to buy the book), so in this case I am reinventing the wheel. We'll see how it goes, but the yarn is just gorgeous! Photos real soon, now!

At JoAnn, I got some more beads for the purple beaded shawl I'm making so that I don't run out at the end. They also happened to have kilt pins in stock and I got two because they're so good for fastening shawls and other things that I don't want to put buttons and buttonholes on. Photos of that, too, soon.

**********************

Eureka is on the SciFi Channel all day during what would be their daytime rotation if it were during the week. Check it out if you read this soon enough.

And don't forget Merlin tonight!

Have a great beginning of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment