Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Wednesday

Well, that's the most exciting thing I can think of to say about today.

I planned to go to WalMart today to do my monthly shopping, but got busy getting ready and doing stuff, and still haven't gone, so I don't think it's going to happen today. If I get there tomorrow, I may not post. If I turn on the computer, I'll be lost, like today.

*************************

Last night, I tried to use my bluetooth headset with my phone, and the phone thinks it doesn't exist. The headset is  at least two years old, and I'm assuming it has just quit bluetoothing. It's been not connecting and randomly disconnecting for a while. This was one of the things that distracted me today. 

I got on the internet to find myself a new headset. I'm suddenly discovering that my phone is almost useless without it. I need to call Comcast and ask them some questions, and it's a real pain because you get an automatic answering system that says "If you are calling about cable TV, press 1; if you are calling about high speed internet, press 2...." and whatever you press, it takes you to another menu. So you have to put the phone to your ear, then flip the top back and press a button, then whip it back to your ear, etc. It's a real pain!

I like my G1 a lot, but they were careful not to make any buttons/ports on the outside of the phone. There's a rocker button for volume, a button for taking photos, a port to charge it, buttons to answer or turn off the phone, etc., but there's no place to fasten a wrist strap and no place to plug in a corded headset. 

Actually, that's not really true. They include a headset with earbuds that plugs into the USB recharging port. Unfortunately, I don't think it has a microphone, and earbuds never work for me, anyway. 

I put them in my ears, and after a very few minutes, my ear spits them out. At velocity. 

I don't know why. 

I see other people use them, but they never work for me. I have to sit there and hold them in to hear. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

This caused no end of hilarity for one of my former co-workers, Lee, who derived endless amusement from encouraging me to try them one more time and then falling off her chair laughing when they came flying out a moment later.

So, anyway, I finally ordered a headset from Amazon, and you can see it here. Out of all the headset reviews I read, this headset had almost every review start off by saying how LOUD the headset is. It has also been out for about four years, so the price has come down drastically, and it has a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck. Actually, my old one does, too, and I never used it, so I don't know why I'm excited about that.

While I was at it, I ordered a copy of Mathemagics, too. I got both for less than I expected to pay for the headset alone.

****************

There are no regularly scheduled programs on tonight, It's a very boring night on TV! We'll have to wait until next month to see anything fun on Wednesday evening unless a network airs a good movie.

Hey, I just checked, and there are a couple of good movies on tonight!

Hope you're having more fun than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment