Sunday, June 14, 2009

Deadlines!

There are two deadlines I'm thinking about today.

The first is Christmas. No, don't laugh at me. I know it's 194 days until Christmas, but if you're a crafter, you can't start too early. 

It's time to get out that notebook and list all the people you want to make presents for and get started on them. It helps if the notebook is small enough to carry to the craft store with you. If you give each person their own page, you'll have space to brainstorm and write down anything you think of that will make a great present for each person, and, if it's something you plan to make, maybe there will also be space to list the supplies you need for each project. That's where taking it to the craft store comes in.

I am personally thinking about making Christmas stockings to sell on Etsy. After finding that great yarn at Herrshners, I want to get some more and make some glittery stockings!

The other deadline is coming up fast! This is your wake-up call!!!

There are only 32 days until Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince opens!

Are you ready, with something fabulous to wear to the opening? Something that says "I am not a muggle?"

If not, you'd better get a move on! There are lots of great things you could be knitting or crocheting! 

My first thought was to search for Harry Potter patterns on Ravelry, because I know they have a lot of them. But if you're on Ravelry, you already know that, and if you're not, any link I give you won't do you any good. But I found a looooong list of patterns at the Leaky Cauldron! I haven't checked them all out, but with so many to choose from, you should be able to find something you want to make. One of my favorites is the Golden Snitch Hat. There are sparkly yarns out there that would work well for the snitch, too. The pattern calls for black yarn, but the photo looks like it was done with navy blue yarn, and I think I'd like navy, personally, but then, I usually prefer blue. Even if you don't like the hat itself, you can click on the chart to put the snitch design on something else.

Anyway, wander around and have fun on the list. I don't want to see you at the movies without something distinctively wizardly!

****************************

There's a new post up over at the Steve Canyon on DVD blog! Jet on over there and find out what's happening!

I hope you've been having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment