Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's June!

This "It's June!" thing would have been far more effective if I'd done it on the first day of the month rather than on the second. Oh, well, I think we'll all survive.

But the fact that it's June means several things: the Virginia Renfair is in full swing, but will have it's last day on the 14th; the 9th is election day here in Virginia; and The Potomac Celtic Festival will be happening on the 13th and 14th!

There will also be a lot of summer series coming back this month or next. The ones that are coming back in June include The Next Doctor, which is the Doctor Who Christmas special (on BBC in America on the 27th), and Burn Notice on USA on the 4th. Burn Notice isn't science fiction, but some of the tech they use might as well be. It is action/adventure, and lots of fun. Most of the new/returning series won't be starting until next month.

****************************

Fibermom mentioned something on her blog that made me think of one of my favorite books. It's called Mathemagics by Margaret Ball, and I just love it! I lost my copy in one of the many moves of this decade, and I really want to order another. It's a book about a character that was in the Chicks in Chainmail series, so be forewarned. I love the chicks series! It's totally outrageous and fun, as is Mathemagics. It's about a woman who has found a way to travel between her home dimension, where she is a warrior, and the "planet of the paper pushers," in other words, earth.

I may have a busy day tomorrow, so don't worry if I don't post.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment