Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Not Ignoring You

Honestly! I'm really not ignoring you. I've just been really busy, and I'll be really busy tomorrow, too.

I don't know what's going on with the universe, but suddenly things that I've been looking for, for two to six years are suddenly appearing, and I'm getting them!

I've been looking for "Christmas" yarn for a couple of years, and lo and behold, Herrshner's suddenly sent me an advertisement for some, and in the colors I haven't been able to find. The yarn I've found that's sold as Christmas yarn in the past is yarn (usually in Christmas colors) that has a metallic strand plied in with it. I've made some fabulous Christmas stockings with that type of yarn, and want to start knitting stockings to put up on Etsy. So, I'm really happy to find this.

About six years ago, I found some beautiful over-the-counter reading glasses. But they were expensive and I'd just lost my job. I found a pair that are almost the same, and even prettier on Sunday, and they were a lot less expensive. I snapped them up.

This is going to sound silly, but about three years ago, I bought a set of flatware. It was one of those things at a grocery store where you buy teaspoons one week, and forks another week, and then knives, etc. That set, in itself, was something I'd been looking for and couldn't afford for a few years.

But the soup spoons are barely larger than the teaspoons, and not really useable for soup at all. I've been looking for some nice, plain soup spoons that would at least not clash with the set, and Monday I went into the dollar store and found exactly what I had been looking for. Three spoons for a dollar. I only bought three. I thought I'd take them home and see if I liked them. But I do. I'm going to have to go back and get some more.

I have a busy day planned tomorrow, so I may not get to post then, so have a great couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment