Saturday, September 5, 2009

Viral Knits

The term "viral knits" is a new one to me. Viral knits are the ones that suddenly everyone is knitting, and the ones that get knit over and over again.

For me, the only ones that have been viral are some of the ones that I've written for myself. Those include:

The Simple Triangular Shawl, which is a good pattern for new knitters to use to learn to design their own triangular shawls, as well as a simple pattern for experienced knitters for the times when you want to keep your hands busy, but want to actually devote your attention to the scenery going past the bus you're on or that brand new DVD you just got, and still turn out a work of art in any weight yarn!

Wimple and Hood, which is a great pattern for making Christmas presents. It can be made in any weight yarn, fits anyone, and is something most people don't have, but would love! My granddaughter says that whenever she wears one of hers, somebody tries to buy it from her! What could be better than that?

Long, Short, and Easy Mitts, which is a pattern similar to the one shown on the "Viral Knits" post for the mitts. This pattern, however, can be knit in just about any weight yarn, and, if you follow the instructions, you'll get mitts that really fit. And, as if that wasn't good enough, you can make these to match a hood or wimple for a really super Christmas present!

And for you non-knitters out there, I have a shawl and an afghan also available in my Etsy shop.

I think I discovered a whole new kind of viral knit project. I've been using leftover sock yarn to knit a bag for a very small Christmas present I plan to buy (or possibly make) for someone. I'm only on the first one, but it feels addictive already.

I hope you guys are having a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment