Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Back

Where, you may ask, have I been? Well, I've been right here, but I haven't been feeling too well, and haven't been blogging as much, and you may have noticed that my posts aren't as interesting as usual.

I did, finally, get to see a doctor on Thursday. And she listens, and is at least trying to do something about the problems. As opposed to the previous 15 or more doctors I've seen in the past about this. Those previous doctors have learned that if they say the magic words "There's nothing wrong with you" that they won't have to bother to do anything, and you still have to pay them.

So, anyway, the strategy is this: we start off with some antibiotics in the hope that they're going to stop the post nasal waterfall and clear out my ear. Then we continue with an antihistamine/decongestant combination in an effort to keep the advantage we hope we'll gain from the antibiotics.

I felt pretty bad before I saw the doctor, and I think I'm starting to feel a bit better. With any luck, it will continue. We'll see.

*************************

I hope you've been watching either The Lord of the Rings trilogy on TNT, or the Doctor Who marathon on BBC in America today. I'm recording LOTR, and watching the Doctor.

*****************************

I just finished reading The Host, by Stephanie Meyer, and let me tell you, it's fabulous! It's about an alien invasion of Earth where the invaders are tiny creatures who take over human bodies. The humans don't even realize it's underway at first. The story follows an alien named Wanderer who is inhabiting a body named Melanie, and it's an excellent story. I highly recommend it.

******************************

The new issue of Spin Off is out, and so is the new issue of Knitty! Knitty also has two contests (scroll down)! Don't miss them!

I'll put up some better posts soon, when I feel better. In the meantime, I hope you've been having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment