Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

Today, Children of Earth is on BBC in America! It's already started, so tune in now to see as much as possible!

Holly and I went out yesterday instead of Saturday, and, as usual had a great time! We stopped at Michaels, but what I wanted to go to get was sold out. However, they did have some new yarn that was so beautiful that I couldn't resist buying a couple of skeins.

I never should have looked at the viral knitting stuff on Saturday, but I'm glad I did! When I bought the yarn, I planned to make a baktus, which you can see here if you're on Ravelry. The photos of various ones that have been made are really worth looking at. The actual pattern is available, free, here. Yesterday, when I was telling Holly about this, I said you should increase/decrease every other row, but the pattern actually says every fourth row.


I didn't knit very far on this before I realized that the yarn was much too heavy to do this pattern effectively, due to the fact that part of it would have to be tied, and it's just too thick. So, I changed my mind, and I'm making a Wrap Thingie instead. The link leads you to the pattern.

I'm hoping that I may have enough yarn left over to make a matching hat. If not, I'll have to buy some more. I suspect that I'll write my own pattern for the hat, and I haven't decided how I want it to look.

If you're reading this and it's still Labor Day, go watch Children of Earth!

********************************

Addition:

Oh, Holly was telling me about the Central Park Hoodie yesterday, and how much she liked it. I was telling her, in turn, about a Cardigan for Arwen, which I like a lot better (scroll down to see it). Of course, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to make it longer and add pockets, but I still like it better. One of the things I like about it is that the cables are the same on both sides. You can find the pattern for it here. I like it so much that I'm adding a link for it in my sidebar. And if you like that, check out the Rogue Sweater, which I'm also putting in my sidebar. If you belong to Ravelry, you can also see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment