Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Still Here, Barely

I've had stuff I needed to do, and I've been feeling bad lately. My failure to write has nothing to do with you.

The doctor's treatment has been both helping and hurting. I felt dizzy and light headed, had a terrible headache, and my heart was going like I was running somewhere all the time, and I was dazed and exhausted. It finally occurred to me that it would be a good idea to switch back to the decongestant I had been using before rather than what the doctor said to take. The decongestant the doctor said to take really kept my head cleared out and stopped the post nasal drip, but caused all the other symptoms. A simple switch to the old decongestant stopped all the bad symptoms, but leaves a little post nasal drip left over. At least I'm not drowning anymore!

In spite of feeling bad, I had three errands to do yesterday. One of them was to visit the dental clinic to give them my new phone number and ask what's happening and when can they schedule the rest of the work. I got there, and they had already left for the evening. I would have been there on time if the bus had been somewhere near on time, but it was running about a half an hour late.

I checked my knitting bag and discovered that I hadn't put the package I intended to mail in it like I thought I did, so there was no point in going to the Post Office. At that point, I caught the bus and went to WalMart, which had just what I needed.

So, that left the other two things to do today.

I did get to the Post Office, and get my package mailed, and put up with the usual annoyances there.

I got to the dental clinic in time, and, as it happens, they're just at a point where they're starting to be able to help people who need dental work that involves lab work, so they gave me an appointment for the 6th of October! I just can't wait until it's over, and I can actually bite into something again! I can't tell you how happy I am that I was able to get an appointment!

*********************

My mouse and keyboard are acting funny at the moment. I'll be away from my computer for a while over the weekend, so I won't be posting then, But I'll be back on the internet on Monday, so I'll be writing more then.

Have fun in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment