Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vicki Howell Left a Comment on My Blog!

Yes, you read that right. Vicki Howell left a comment on my blog! You can see the post here. You have to scroll down for the comment.

If you read the comment, you know that she has another contest today for several copies of her new book, Pop Goes Crochet, so get on over there and enter! Read the directions and send out cards to friends today!

***********************

One of the books I got from the library is driving me crazy, and threatening to change my whole life! It's called Freeform Knitting and Crochet, and you can see from the cover what has grabbed my interest.


I read through one project in this, and mentally think up seven other projects to do with the same techniques. All I can say is Wow!

For instance: to make freeform knitting to the correct size and shape (for projects that need that, such as a yoke for a sweater) she recommends cutting a pattern from fabric that you can place the knitting on top of as a quick reference to what shape has to be made where so that it comes out the right size and shape. Sometimes she knits or crochets separate motifs, and pieces them together to fit. There's a sweater that's mostly plain shown in the book that has a freeform yoke, and it's beautiful! 

But I read it and think about going to the craft/yarn store and buying a plain bag to use for a knitting bag and using it as a template for some freeform knitting that I can then sew directly to the bag, thereby strengthening the knitting, and automatically creating a sturdy lining!

There's a sequel to this book called Freeformations: Design and Projects in Knitting and Crochet. I haven't seen this book in person yet, but the reviewers at Amazon liked it better than the first book, and Ravelry shows some impressive designs from this book, so I think I'll get both of them eventually. I feel like my brain is about to explode into the third dimension after reading part of the first book!

*********************

I'm about to do a Crazy Aunt Purl, only for science fiction fans rather than knitters. Sadly, I did not take the photo, and have been unable to take photos like this since I lost my car (unless I'm walking past a parked car). This came from io9, so if you like it, go over there and read some stuff. They're great!



Be sure not to miss the sticker above the license plate that says "Laura Roslin is my president." I love that plate, but I also enjoy the frame on the plate.

************************

Not much science fiction on TV tonight, just Supernatural in the fantasy/supernatural category. But it's a new one, about Sam and Dean in a life that doesn't include demons, angels or other supernatural beings. I read some spoilers saying that Ghostfacers will be back soon, and I think this is the episode. If so, it promises to be one of their best ever.

Ghostfacers refers to the episode by that name where a group of nerds get together and try to sell a show about recording encounters with ghosts to a network. They are inept kids who have a lot of technical equipment, and not much sense or brain-power going for them. Of course, they run into Sam and Dean before the ghosts, and totally snarl thing up for them. 

I'm dying to say more, but I don't want to spoil it, and I'm not 100% certain that this is the episode. But nearly certain.

I can't wait for it, though!

Have a great evening, and go enter Vicki's contest!

**********************

Addition:

I was so excited about this yesterday, and I nearly forgot to include it today. For people who love The Middleman, you can sign up in advance for the DVD that will be out this July.



1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    [url=http://www.internetmosque.net ] The Lord Complete Audio English Quran in MP3 [/url]


    Witches
    -------

    from the beginning of Christianity to 1484 probably more than several thousand.
    in the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or hanged. [WV]


    For more details [url=http://www.internetmosque.net ]click her[/url]






    |

    All of us will die one day INCLUDING YOU.

    so before you die you must find out where the HELL you are going too.

    You must find out

    who is our savior Jesus or ?

    You may sleep tonight and never get up in the morning?

    You may die today.

    You may die within a week

    You may die within a month

    you may die within a year

    you may die within the next ten years

    one thing for sure

    You will die

    so find out how is our savior so that he may save you.

    http://www.internetmosque.net/saviour/index.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/1.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/songes/s/17.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/

    http://www.internetmosque.net/quran/quraneng/index.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...n_Yahya/1_w.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...f-Estes/1_w.htm

    http://www.internetmosque.net/audio...ilips/1-1_w.htm

    ReplyDelete