Friday, March 6, 2009

I Made It on My Schacht Contest!

Schacht is having a contest for spinners and weavers. Read all about it here.

I'm wondering (since I no longer have a Schacht wheel) if I could submit something spun on a Schacht Navajo spindle. The prize is a Schacht matchless wheel or a loom, which is silly when you stop to think about it because you have to have one of those in order to enter.

Check out the entry form.

*************************

I spent a few hours on the bus today and went over and paid my Comcast bill. I got information on my account. The bill is due on the last day of the month and must be paid by the 5th of the following month. Which means that unless I pay a month in advance, I'll have to pay a late fee every month. Since my entire income for the month arrives on the third, this is a bad arrangement. I can't mail in a payment without incurring a late fee.

If you have Comcast "service" (and I use the word service very loosely), check your bill. If you see something on there listed as a "one time charge," it's really a late fee. Check your billing date, due date, and the date of the last day you can pay without incurring a late fee.

I'm really disgusted with them.

My DVR started to record two programs tonight, and then just stopped. Then it turned itself off. I restarted it, and eventually started (on my command) to record one of the two programs it was supposed to record, but wouldn't start recording the other one because it said it was already recording that program, but it wasn't.

If I complain about this, they'll claim that the DVR is defective (which it is), and tell me to bring it back. The problem with that (other than the fact that I just spent the day going over there and back, and don't want to spend tomorrow dragging a big DVR over there and back) is that all their DVRs are unreliable and only work some of the time. I've had at least one other DVR, and have talked to others who have them, and all their DVRs are just badly engineered, and exchanging it for a different one is not really going to fix anything.

******************

While I was out riding around on the bus, I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics and found some really nice yarn for a project for the Harry Potter House Cup contest on Ravelry. Photos of the yarn and the beginning of my insane project soon. I'll have further news about the project, too.

***************************

Tonight, USA is showing the season finale of Burn Notice! If you missed it, it's usually repeated sometime early Saturday, so check your local listings. It's about to start here in a few minutes, so I'm going to quit now.

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment