Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I'm a little disappointed about Saint Patrick's Day this year. Usually, there are a whole string of wonderful St. Pat's movies on TV for a week, or at least a few days before, and several things on during the day. 

This year, there's nothing except some stupid leprechaun horror movies on SciFi, which is especially disappointing since they did an original movie about leprechauns a few years ago. I don't remember it being particularly good, but at least it wasn't bad on the same scale as the movies they're showing today. There were some other good movies I've seen.

I thought that at least I'd be able to watch Luck of the Irish (the one with Tyrone Power, not the dumb thing Disney did), Darby O'Gill and the Little People, and The Quiet Man. But no luck there. None of them were being shown.

But I did a very little bit of research on St. Patrick and found out something interesting. The color associated with Saint Patrick is BLUE! I'm so excited about that! I had no idea!

******************

John put up a new blog post about Steve Canyon! He talks about Reel Stuff and more. Check it out!

*********************

Holly and I went out on Sunday, and as usual, had a lot of fun. We went to AC Moore, where I got some really nice sock yarn, stopped in at Best Buy, where Holly got a new computer game (Oblivion), then zipped over to WalMart, where we did some heavy-duty basic shopping, and then went on to Ruby Tuesday for dinner, where we caught up on current events and had more fun.

Here's a photo of the Kroy sock yarn I bought. I'm on the first sock and have almost finished the heel flap. I'll have a photo of that later.


I did a 2x2 rib for the tops, and I intended to continue the ribs down the top of the foot, but I'm looking at the pattern that's evolving on the heel flap (which is the first part that I've knit plain) and I like the way it looks. I'm beginning to think that I'd like these better if I did the whole foot in plain stockinette. 

I will get around to posting my instructions for really comfortable socks on here real soon now.

******************

The most exciting thing on TV tonight is Reaper and The Mentalist, both of which are new.

I have lots of stuff to do today, involving the bus, so I'll get going and just wish you a happy St. Paddy's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of yarn you picked, I wear jeans most the time and that would go well with them. You also have a great St Patricks Day way over there across the country.

    ReplyDelete