Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Pi Day!

I guess this is a big day for mathematicians, but, although I can see that the discovery of Pi is useful, it just doesn't strike me as something I really want to set aside a whole day to celebrate.

But then, I was never very good at arithmetic.

Maybe it's just today. It's not getting too far above freezing today and it's raining. I was going to go out with Holly, but Robin made plans to get off work and do something with her, so it's been postponed until tomorrow. After looking at the weather, I'm not really sad about not going out today.

Today is the kind of day that (back when I had a job) made me look out the window and want to call in sick, then crawl back into bed and go back to sleep.

******************

In knitting news, not much is happening. I'm almost done with a sock, but it looks just like the sock before it, and only slightly different than the two socks before that. I've done more on the mobius hood, but it's just a little longer, it really doesn't look too much different. The excitement will be happening when it gets even longer than it is,  not now. But photos right now will be unbelievably dull.

********************

There's also almost nothing worthwhile to see on TV today or tomorrow, so, all in all, it's just a blah day. It's a good thing I have a DVR with a backlog of stuff to watch.

*******************

I finished reading Inkdeath a more than a week ago. It was a good series, and I enjoyed reading it, but I'm glad I was able to borrow it from the library instead of buying it. I'm really in a blah mood today.

After that, I read The Alchemyst, which is the contemporary adventures of Nicholas Flamel, the famed (and real) alchemist from the Renaissance. I have the sequel, The Magician, ordered at the library. Amazon says in on place that it's already available, but another listing says it won't be out until later this month. There's a third book (The Sorceress), and judging by the first one, I'll definitely want to read all three.

In the meanwhile, while I'm waiting for those, I'm reading the copy of Twilight that I bought in January.

So, it's back to knitting, TV, and maybe some reading.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

Oh, I nearly forgot! There's now a widget at the bottom of my blog that will tell you about pollen in your area. Just scroll down all the way to the bottom. It's with the widget that tells you how many days are left until Christmas, and the one that says how many days are left until Half Blood Prince (the movie) will be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment