Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Steve Canyon Excitement!

John put up a new post on the Steve Canyon on DVD blog, and he's not the only one that's talking about our favorite pilot. The people over at TV Shows on DVD have an article up about the cover and label art. Go on over and check out what mischief John and I have been up to.

*******************


I finally got around to starting on the project for the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup on Ravelry. You may recall that I bought some yarn over at JoAnn Fabrics last week. I didn't read the label as carefully as I should have, and it turned out it wasn't worsted weight, as I thought it was, but chunky or bulky instead. I'd have liked the lighter weight, but Now that I'm actually knitting it, I love it! It looked like the print on the yarn would look too tweedy for Spring, but it looks like it will be the perfect Spring color. 


I still have severe doubts about the way this is going to turn out. I know I can do the Mobius, I know I can add a hood, but is it going to fit the way I want it to? I suspect that all I can do is try it out and see.

This yarn is acrylic, but it's so nice that it's making me think about going back for some more. It does look a bit tweedy, but not too much so for Spring or even Summer, and it feels so good!

*****************

The SciFi Channel is having some really good stuff on this week on it's daytime rotation. I hope you realized that Charlie Jade is on today so that you are watching it. Tomorrow, they'll be doing Stargate Atlantis, Thursday it'll be Doctor Who, and Friday they have The Twilight Zone.

On TV tonight, we have an all new Reaper, and a Mentalist rerun. Pretty slim pickin's.

I hope you got to see the premier of Castle last night. Nathan Fillion was his usual lovable self, which would be reason enough to watch, but it may be a really good series. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment