Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rainy Thursday

I had planned to go to WalMart today to do my monthly large shopping trip, but the weather forecast said that it would be partly cloudy today and that there was a chance of thundershowers.

What I saw by looking out the window was about 5 minutes of sunshine around noon, and a cloudy, grey day otherwise. I haven't caught it actually raining yet, but every time I look out the window the ground looks wet, but starting to dry. 

So, although I wouldn't be overjoyed at being rained on, I do have an umbrella, and unless it really pours, it wouldn't be so bad. But I really don't like either alternative: standing under an umbrella during a thunderstorm or not using the umbrella and getting soaked during a thunderstorm.

But I used some of the time I was home today to find a doctor to see tomorrow. And the location is close enough that I can go there, and then continue on the bus to WalMart, drop off my Rx, get my shopping done and escape all in one trip. So, that's working out well. And the receptionist even knew what my medicine was, unlike the doctors, who usually say "You're taking what? What is that?"

*******************

Work continues on the Celtic sweater. I have the fronts and back done to the bottom of the armhole, and have started the sleeve (about three inches done). I think the sleeves are going to come out really well this time.

They will be kind of a bell sleeve. I'm knitting from the shoulder down, and there will be decreases down to about the elbow, and then just a little increasing down to the cuff. There will be a small St. John's cross on the forearm, and the bottom of the cross will continue off the surface of the sleeve in two I-cords which will be threaded through a row of eyelets. It will be possible for the I-cords to be pulled up tight, closing up the wrist area a bit (for warmth) and creating bloused sleeves with a ruffle around the bottom. I think I'm going to really like this design!

**********************

Lots to se on TV tonight! Supernatural (CW), Eleventh Hour (CBS), and Life on Mars (ABC). Later, the Doctor Who episode on SciFi will be The Fires of Pompeii.

***********************

Here's another photo John sent me. I'd be happy to credit the photographer if I knew who it was.


Down in the right hand corner, it says http://www.funpic.hu

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment