Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tour de Fleece and Knitting


Here is where I'm up to on the spinning for the Tour de Fleece.

Not very encouraging.

But my enthusiasm for spinning is starting to revive. I haven't lived anywhere with enough space for a spinning wheel for more than 4 years. When I moved here, I had the space, but everything except my wheel was all packed up in boxes from when it had been in storage.

Little by little, I'm starting to find all the stuff, and the Tour de Fleece is starting to remind me how much I love spinning. I just had to have a little push to start spinning again. So, I'm actually making progress toward achieving my goal, even though I haven't actually spun very much.


I've been looking at this bag of silk that I found in a stash of fibers yesterday. It's very pretty. It's very inspiring. It's making me want to try new techniques. I may try the new techniques on some other fiber first, though. I don't want to mess up such pretty fibers.


And here is the shawl I'm working on, nearly finished. It's not going exactly the way I planned, but it should turn out nice. That's the good thing about the pattern. It's very flexible.

I'll probably finish the shawl this evening, so there may be a photo tomorrow.

I hope you've been having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment