Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ravelympics News!

Well, the discussion boards are burning up at Ravelry about the Ravelympics.

Everybody has questions or is happy to meet everyone else, and the Harry Potter fans are already starting a new House Cup KAL for the beginning of September in order to coincide with the beginning of the Hogwarts school year. 

We're still discussing both the start and end date. The general consensus is that it should start on the first of September, but there's no decision on the end date. Halloween was an important date in the books, but I was just thinking that it might be good to use the opening of Half Blood Prince (the movie) for a deadline.

So, anyway, I lost my mind over the Ravelympics. I had already joined Team TARDIS in the WIP Wrestling, but I just couldn't resist also joining Team Browncoat for the Shawl Relay. And once I had done that, how could I possibly leave Team Hogwarts out? So, I signed up with them for the Cowl Jump for which I will knit a wimple.

While trying to recover from the shock of all that, I came across Team Hopelessly Overextended, and (since you can knit a project or enter an event for more than one team) signed up all my projects with them, too.

That was all yesterday. Overnight, the thought struck me that all the projects are things for which I wrote (or am writing) the patterns. When I came across the Designers Discus event, I signed up all the projects for that, too.

If you have been able to follow all this (if I explained it well enough), you will note that although I signed up for a total of three projects, the things I signed up for after that did not increase the number of projects I'm knitting, so there are still only three.

I'm not totally crazy!

Change of topic.

On the TV front, Comcast is continuing to be a colossal disappointment. They keep messing things up for their viewers and their "customer service" is a group of people who function to make sure that they don't actually have to fix anything, they just deal with keeping the customers from bothering the repair people.

I know I've been talking about it, but I'm stepping up my search for a replacement for Comcast.

They said that they would have someone in authority, someone who could actually do something about the problems call me up today after 2 pm. It's about 6:30, and I'm still waiting.

Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment