Monday, August 3, 2009

The Christmas Blog War

Saying that I'd gotten the yarn to make a Christmas present for one of my granddaughters has sparked a flurry of text messages and phone calls and discussions about it.

Holly reminded me in the comments that Malaia reads my blog, although not all the time, so if the present is for her and I don't want to tell her what her Christmas present will be, I shouldn't write about it on the blog.

Malaia saw that in the comments and let Holly know immediately that she shouldn't have told me that, and that she wanted to see her Christmas present as it developed. Always supposing, that is that I was talking about her.

Holly and I had a big discussion about all of this yesterday when I saw her. We also discussed Christmas presents. I said I was going to make socks for Kyle for Christmas, and she asked me what color. I said green because that's Kyle's favorite color. Holly said that she didn't think it was anymore.

At this point, I feel I should mention that I can discuss this on my blog because I've changed my mind about what I'm going to make for who, so all of the foregoing, and some of what is coming up is totally wrong, and completely changed.

To continue... Holly sent a text message to Kyle saying "What's your favorite color?" The answer was "Purple, why do you want to know?" After a few more text messages, Kyle now also knows that I'm making Christmas presents and that some will be for her.

Christmas is difficult in this age of instant communication!

And, as if that weren't enough, Holly reminded me that Kyle's birthday is later this week. I knew that, but, as usual, was lost in time.

I can know things, but not connect them to the timeline. Sometimes it's as simple as "Oh, is it Wednesday already?" syndrome, where I know that something happens on Wednesday, but am completely oblivious to the fact that it is Wednesday.

I don't know where I went wrong in this case, but I did want to make or get something for her.

So, I've completely revised everything. I'll be making some socks for Kyle for her birthday, and they'll be late, but at least she'll get them. And here is the photo of some of the yarn I'll be using to make them.


That's the Knit Picks sock yarn which was called Essential, but is now called Stroll, in the new color, Sprinkle Heather.

As you can see, I haven't even started, and, in fact, currently have a sock for me on the needles. But I'll be getting started on them real soon now, and I'm guessing she should get them around my birthday.

I'll also get the sock pattern up real soon now, too.

I have so many things to do that I don't have much time to blog. Add to that the mouse problems I'm currently having, and I just can't do it right now.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment