Monday, August 10, 2009

Steampunk!

I've been running into steampunk for a while without having a name for it. It's fairly recent that I've come across the name and a definition for it. For the best thing I've read about steampunk, read this! And welcome to the Clockwork Century, a blog by Cherie Priest about a book, but so much more.

I like the way the she speaks about speculative fiction rather than just science fiction, horror, fantasy, etc. The background art on the site is wonderful, too, and part of it is from the cover of her forthcoming book, Boneshaker.

Needless to say, I haven't read the book (it's not out yet) but the blog is not just fascinating and informative, but a work of art on so many levels.

Enjoy!

************************************

Two reruns of Supernatural will be running on the CW tonight. It's Summer, and the networks are determined that Summer has to be boring (apologies to USA and TNT, and to SyFy for Eureka and Warehouse 13).

I'm a little bummed that when a network puts on a fabulous show that I want to watch, they yank it as soon as they can, replacing it with the most boring drek they can find, and then have the nerve to complain that they don't get the ratings!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment