Friday, March 25, 2011

Sci Fi Friday

About 10 years ago, Showtime used to have SciFriday, and that's when they showed Stargate SG-1, plus some other good stuff. Then there was someone else having Sci Fi Friday. All that's gone, although BBC in America is having Sci Fi Saturday.

What has put the Sci Fi back in Friday for me has been a get-together of science fiction and fantasy writers and fen on Twitter from 2 to 4 pm, EST, using the hashtag, #scifichat.

Today, Twitter was so overloaded that almost nobody was able to get on until about 3, but we hung out until almost 4:30. If you love science fiction, and have some free time on Friday afternoons, check it out. You can also go to Twitter and search for the hashtag and probably get it if you want to see today's discussion.

In the past week, I've gotten back to Twitter in a big way. From now on, I plan to add a button at the end of each post that will let you post a link to that post on Twitter. I plan to do it for Facebook, too, as soon as I figure out how to do that.

You can tell I'm really good with technology, can't you?

The new season of Doctor Who will be arriving on BBC in America around the middle of April! They used to show it in England, and then later on in the US, but the rumor is that they'll be showing then at the same time (or at least on the same day) this season!

*********************************

I know I haven't written in a while, but I'm still getting over this thing that's been dragging on for more than a month. I'm nearly over it, or maybe I should say I'm nearly to the point that I can say that I'm not sick, or at least not any sicker than usual. But I haven't been walking any more than I have to, and I'm just plain wiped out! I'm going to have to start a regular program of walking if I have any hope of being able to walk around the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.

***************************

So, anyway, not much has been happening around here.

I am well on my way to finishing the Screaming KnitFit version of the mobius hat, cowl, scarf and mitts set. Can the pattern be far behind? Actually, yes, it can. I need to get a bust mannequin to model it for photos. That means I'll need to wait for April for a new influx of money, and then send for it and wait for it to arrive. But I can get the instructions together in that time, and once the photos are taken, it should be out soon.

In the meantime, I've finished the cuff (except for Kitchnering the ends together) for the mobius hat that has a cable, and the cable is reversible! Part of the matching cowl is done. I have to chart out another cable for the cowl, and get that in the works. Then there will be the chart, knitting and instructions for the scarf and mitts. Lots of work to do there!

While that is all going on, I plan to spend some time converting some of my current patterns to PDF format, too. So there should be lots of new patterns in the near future.

********************************

I'm still in kind of a daze from being sick, but without checking, I think there's a rerun on Supernatural tonight, but a new Fringe! And, of course, a new Merlin on Syfy.

Have the best weekend ever!

See? Here's the new button. Not that you might want to Tweet about this particular post.

No comments:

Post a Comment