Saturday, April 11, 2009

Space Time Anomaly

Do you remember on Soap where Burt Campbell thought that nobody could see him at certain times?

We've all had this happen. 

People look directly at you and then walk deliberately into you, and then seem very surprised that you actually exist. People, driving, stopped at a cross street, carefully look right at your car and then pull out immediately in front of you. Sometimes they sit there, looking right at you until you get close enough that you'll have a hard time stopping to pull out.

I had someone at a McDonalds one time, who took orders from everyone in my vicinity, even people who showed up after I did, and after all that was surprised when I tried to order food, almost as if I had just appeared out of thin air. No joke!

Well, I have apparently ceased to exist and failed to notice it.

On Thursday, I had a doctor appointment. The apartment place where I live has a doctor who makes house calls once a month. You sign up on the list, and she comes by to see how you are.

Except, of course, that I signed up, and still haven't seen her. 

I didn't think too much of it at the time.

But Holly and I were supposed to go do something today, and I haven't seen or heard from her all day.

If I were her and got up this morning and looked out the window, I wouldn't have gone out today, either. It was gray, chilly, and rainy earlier, and I really didn't want to go out to the library, but I really wanted to pick up the book they're holding for me (and I have an item that's about to be overdue), so I went over. The rain had pretty much stopped by then, but it was still grey and chilly, and miserable. 

And they were closed!

They didn't even bother to wait to not-see me coming. This was a preemptive closing on their part. The sign on the door said that they were taking Saturday off because Sunday is Easter.

At least Safeway was open when I went there.

And now that it's too late to really go anywhere on the bus, the sun has come out, and it's beautiful!

Have a happy Easter weekend!

2 comments:

  1. SOMEBODY one time told me, "One is as sane as they are able to have an effect on their environment"... which I think of often ;-)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess this proves that I'm officially crazy.

    ReplyDelete