1. I like to knit. In fact some people have failed to recognize me because I wasn't knitting.
2. I love science fiction, and started reading it when I was 11 years old with Robert Heinlein's Red Planet, which is a great book for kids. I also love fantasy. That extends to movies and TV, too.
3. I worked on several science fiction movies, but especially Invader and New Genesis.
4. I was one of the people responsible for putting on three science fiction conventions.
5. I've gone to a lot of science fiction conventions, and met many of the guests. I love to watch TV because I see people I know.
6. I've piloted a plane, and soloed. I belonged to the aero club while I was in the Air Force. I am a natural. I just got in the plane, flew away and did some simple aerobatics. I especially love T-34s because they're stressed for aerobatics.
7. I was in the Air Force, and on the base smallbore rifle team.
8. Places I've lived include: Philadelphia PA, Maple Shade NJ, Charleston SC, Lackland AFB, Charleston AFB, les Prevanches France, Aspen Hill MD, Washington, DC, Alexandria VA, Woodbridge VA.
9. Places I've been include: Fort Sill OK (I got to experience a sandstorm the day after Malaia was born--it's orange), Morgantown, WV, Pittsburgh PA (whether I wanted to or not), Atlantic City (back when it was fashionable and not a casino), New York City, Tampa/St. Petersburg FL, Rhode Island, Arromanches and some of the invasion beaches, The Alamo, and Connecticut.
10. Favorite places I've visited include: le Mont St. Michel, Rouen, Brittany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Fort Shenandoah.
11. I've been either a technical illustrator or graphic artist almost all of my life.
12. I was part of a crew that installed swimming pools one summer.
13. I drove a bulldozer and helped build a lake in the western part of Virginia.
14. I used to be in SCA (the Society for Creative Anachronism) and went to live in the Middle Ages most weekends for a few years.
15. I can drive anything on two wheels, four wheels, tracks or tricycle gear. I rode a motorcycle for years.
16. I was probably the first woman ever to be assigned as a draftsman in the US military.
17. I was probably the first woman to ever taxi a place onto the Air Force ramp at Charleston AFB.
18. I helped put on an air show at Charleston AFB, and got to meet Bevo Howard on the taxiway there, and was buzzed by him during his subsequent show. I believe he had been world champion stunt pilot for 7 years at that time, although he won the title a few more times after that.
19. I was once charged by a rhino.
20. I learned to ride a horse when I was nine, and was one of the few people the stable would let loose with a horse. My sister and I used to ride in Wissahicken park in Philadelphia. I've ridden Topper, Hopalong Cassidy's horse, and I've had a horse try to roll over on me. Then he got up and tried to kick me in the head.
21. I went to North-South Skirmish Association events with my aunt and uncle and then later with friends. I especially love the canons.
22. The first rifle I fired was a 54 cal muzzle loader. I love black powder!
23. My brothers said they were the only people they knew who went to their sister for advice on ordinance.
24. My favorite event of the year is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival at the Howard County Fairgrounds in Maryland. It's better than Christmas!
25. I have a spinning wheel and can and do spin my own yarn. I have also been known to card and comb wool and other fibers, weave, tat, crochet, and lucet among other things.
26. Yes, I know, I'm supposed to put up 25, but I just thought of another one. The thing I love best is creating. It doesn't matter if I'm putting together a book, movie, DVD cover, knitting pattern, sweater, art, sewing, writing, or whatever. I want to make things more than anything else.