Sunday, February 22, 2009

Loot from the New JoAnn Store!

Here's what I bought at the new JoAnn store:

Doesn't look like much, does it?

Well there are some mother-of-pearl star-shaped buttons that aren't in the photo, too. I bought some cross stitch bobbins, which are great for winding the tail when you cast on. How many times have you cast on something, started knitting, and halfway through the first row discovered that you're knitting with the tail from the cast on instead of the working yarn? Well, this stops that.

There are some really nice point protectors, and grips for steel (and larger) crochet hooks, and some interesting sock yarn. I've started the first sock and am just starting the heel flap, so there will be a photo of that soon. I haven't made up my mind if I really like this sock yarn. My liking or not liking seems to be dependent on the color.  I'm still making up my mind.

********************

We're winding down to the end on the Steve Canyon DVD covers, and it's starting to look good. I can't wait to be finished with this. John and I discussed some really exciting ideas for the DVD labels for the last volume (the one after the one we're working on, which is volume 2). The front cover for this was a lot of work because the copy of the photo used for it was badly scratched, and had lots of dust, dirt and debris on it, so there was a lot to fix even before I could do something about adding color. It looks like it was worth it though. 

I'll have more information as it unfolds.

****************

I hope everybody out there had a chance to see Dollhouse on Friday. That episode costarred Matt Keeslar from The Middleman, always a delight to the eye, this time as a psychotic killer out to get Echo. Actually, there was a lot of Psychotic killer in evidence during the episode.

By the way, The Middleman will be out this summer (July) on DVD. They're basing the decision on whether to continue the show on how well the DVD sales go, so go out there this summer and enjoy or discover the delights of this wonderful show! I'll let you know when it's possible to advance order it, but if you can't wait until summer, check it out via comic book!

I caught a really wonderful science fiction suspense/thriller the other night, called Deja Vu, starring Denzel Washington. It had me on the edge of my seat practically from the beginning. It involves technology that is close to real time travel, which usually makes the best or worst stories. In this case, it's the best. The science fiction is nearly as brilliant and the dialogue.

At one point the agent is asking if a woman (who is currently dead) is actually alive in the past. He asks "Is she dead or alive?" The techs shuffle their feet a bit, and he says "I'll make it simple so you folks with PHds can understand it." Then he picks up a chair and smashes a monitor. "That monitor is broken. It's dead. It hasn't 'temporarily transitioned to a different state of entropy.' It's dead! Now, is she dead or alive?"

It's a delight and a real thrill ride!

I hope you had a great weekend and I wish you a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment