Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Day

Yes, I knew it was Martin Luther King day, but I didn't stop to think about the ramifications.

I was all set to go over to Comcast and wrangle with them about my service, but luckily I called first. I got messages that they didn't have anyone to talk to me due to being closed for the holiday. The messages also said that they would be open tomorrow. So, I guess I'll have to deal with it then. I'd rather watch the inauguration tomorrow.

I discovered that I actually did forget to make a payment. But some of the problem is them. I made a payment through their website, and they not only didn't credit it to my account, they didn't collect it. I think their website is malfunctioning. The other part of the problem is that the website was only telling me about current charges, and didn't tell me that there was any more I owed until this month.

If they'll let me make payment arrangements, it'll be OK, but if they want it all right now or they're going to turn it off, then we'll be parting company because I don't have it all right now.

I'll talk to them tomorrow.

*****************************

In the meantime, I've been knitting like crazy on my Christmas stocking commission. Here's where I was on the third stocking yesterday morning.


I have a couple more rows on the toe, kitchner it together, sew up the back, give it a light blocking and add the stars and loop for hanging and I'll be done with this one. The second one needs the pom poms and the loop for hanging. I'll be starting the fourth one in a bit, and hope to finish them all in a little over a week from now. I can use the money.

*******************************

For all you Lost fans, there will be six episodes of Lost on the SciFi Channel tonight starting at 5 pm and running until 11. And, of course, the premier will be on Wednesday evening on ABC.

I can't find any information on The Middleman as far as whether it will be out on DVD or will be brought back for another season, so I copied two of the episodes off of my DVR last night. Comcast messed up most of them so badly that they're unwatchable, but I had forgotten how low my standards have gotten since I have Comcast.

One of the episodes had sound that went off and on during their broadcast. It has to be watched with closed captioning on unless you're a lipreader, and some of the action wouldn't let you do that. The shows are so good, though.

I have to go do something productive now, so I'll post again sometime soon (depending on whether I still have an internet connection).

Have a great holiday and a great inauguration day! I hope you get to watch it on TV rather than being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment