Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Hate Comcast (still, yet)

I started with Comcast as a cable TV provider at the beginning of December in 2006. That's just over two years.

During that time, I had one month (last November) when there wasn't something major wrong with it. Their internet seems to be OK, but their TV is the pits!

During the first year, I kept track of the amount of time (per hour) that they were completely non-functional. It came out to TWO WEEKS! They had a series of small problems too numerous to catalog, along with deciding to put a half hour (with no breaks) of commercials into one show, which meant (since I was watching it later on my DVR) that I didn't get to see the last half of the show. They did that on a regular basis. And they blanked out the closed captioning on several different channels at various times, making them unwatchable for me. They particularly did that to ABC Family for FOUR MONTHS! Right now, they seem to be randomly going to a blank, black screen for 4 to 30 seconds in the middle of various shows. Sometimes several times in one show.

I had Cox Cable for four years, and they may have had a total of half a day out during that time. I had DirecTV for four years, and they had a total of two hours of bad reception, but not out due to bad storms, although they sailed right through some severe hurricanes without so much as a blink.

Getting back to Comcast, since I got cable internet, my monthly bill was $70 per month. Recently they've sneaked that up to a bit over $86 per month. But I discovered when I went to pay my bill that they charged me $268 and change for the past month!

My thoughts on this are that they started charging to pay a bill over the phone through their automated system. But they're not charging to pay a bill over the internet. So, of course, I've been paying over the internet. And for the past three months or so, they've been calling me up about two weeks after I make a payment demanding a payment or they'll turn off my service. I tell them I made a payment, and they say OK, sorry, and things seem to be OK. I suspect that they haven't credited any of the payments I made on the internet. But, come to think of it, when I went to pay it before this, they only asked for the current payment, they didn't say that I hadn't paid the previous month's charge.

If you don't hear from me on my blog, it will be because Comcast and I have come to the parting of the ways.

I am so fed up with them.

Right now, I can't really think of anything else to write about, I'm so angry.

I hope you're having a better day than I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Johann,

    I am sorry to learn about the troubles you are having with our company. Please allow me to help in clarifying all the issues you are having with our company. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in my help.

    Thanks for providing the opportunity to assist!

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete