Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009!

Once again, Happy New Year!

To catch up on old business, I did go to the dentist on Tuesday. He was hoping to remove and replace two fillings, but only had time for one.

The Novocaine worked exactly the way it was supposed to, and there was no pain. Well, there was no pain until it wore off and I discovered that I had bitten my tongue.

It's really odd how I feel about all this. The tooth used to look like it had a filling. Now it just looks like a new tooth. All in all, it was a good trip to the dentist with almost no stress.

*******************

Here's an update on more old news: Robin took the car to be fixed, the repair place kept it for two days and charged her $22 to tell her that they couldn't fix it. She's not happy, and neither am I. She's going to try to find a repair place that will fix it tomorrow, but it seems unlikely.

Whether the car is fixed or not, the trip for Saturday is off because she's going somewhere with Malaia.

************************

Yesterday was not only quite cold, but also windy. Just short of qualifying for hurricane velocity, in fact. There was one local man killed by a falling tree and one child hit by a falling tree who was in the hospital in critical condition last night. The news showed photos of several area vehicles smashed under fallen trees.

Considering that the temperature only got a couple of degrees above freezing yesterday, the wind chill made me glad to stay at home all day and evening.

********************

I'll be posting about the rest of my finished objects for 2008 real soon now.

In the meantime, I hope you've been enjoying this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment