Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Holly!

Today is, I'm sure, a lot of things, but the best one for me is my daughter, Holly's birthday.

Here's a photo of her from last Christmas, of her opening a present.


Here's a link to the words for the Birthday Dirge, just for her!

She's been a wonderful kid, and my best friend, and without a doubt, the best Christmas present I ever got!

Happy Birthday Holly!

*****************************

I would usually wait for the day that this is going to happen to talk about it, but I don't want anyone to miss it, so I'm going to talk about it now.


On New Year's Eve, we will have a blue moon, and I thought that was wonderful, but there will also be an eclipse of the moon on the same night! Wow!

Unfortunately, it will be, at best, only a partial eclipse here in the US.

Even more unfortunately, they're predicting rain all day New Year's Eve and into New Year's Day for here, but there might be some of you out there who will be able to see it.

There is controversy about the definition of a blue moon, too, but this one seems to fit some of the definitions. It's definitely the first one of this season, though, since the solstice was last week.

Anyway, if you have any chance of seeing it where you are, please enjoy it for me because the weatherman says I won't get to see it!

**********************************

While I was busy gathering information about eclipses and blue moons, I happened to come across a very clear, but funny article about "brain farts," and I thought you'd be interested.

There's been a thread on Ravelry entitled "I am a complete idiot." You can read the thread here if you're a member of Ravelry.

If nothing else, it'll give you a lot of technical jargon that you can use to explain what happened next time you have a brain fart!

*********************************

I probably won't be writing tomorrow due to the appointment I have with the dentist.

What is expected for this visit is that he will remove the temporary caps, put a filling in a cavity right next to one of the caps, and then give me the finished caps. That means I should be done with all the dental work I need now and be completely up-to-date and OK!

It also probably means that I'll be feeling bad tomorrow night, but will be probably be OK (or close to OK) on Wednesday.

****************************

In the meantime, there will be a new episode of Eastwick on Wednesday! I'm so excited that it's not completely over! The last episode ended with all three of our heroines at the brink of death!

Have fun on the last Monday of this year!

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting that I can pop on over to your jam2day blog at Ravelry but now I've just bookmarked it on my favorites list so now I can just pop on over : ). Good luck at the dentist. Hope its not too much of an ordeal for you. Thank gawd for the medications to help kill the pain. I'm a whimp about going to the dentist hence my lack of attention to my teeth and need some major stuff done. I've got one filling that fell out a year ago and now another one is on its way out. So I need to go. Wonder if I'll get to see the bluemoon on newyears eve. I'm not that far from you so we will probably get the rain too. How surprising, MORE RAIN! Happy New Year to you : )

    ReplyDelete