Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Smidge of Twilight of the Dogs

John read my blog from the other day about making Twilight of the Dogs and he called me yesterday to make sure I knew that I'd made some mistakes.

One of them he mentioned was in the following photo:


The person on your far left (who I had seen around the set, but hadn't met) is Barry Sigismondi, with Ralph, Aloma and Gage, going from left to right.

John said he'd call me and go over all the corrections, which I will correct in the original post in red.

If you'd like to find out more about Twilight of the Dogs, click here. That's an archived site, and it sometimes has trouble loading. John says that the photos are all there, but you have to wait a bit for them to load. Yesterday, the internet told me that site didn't exist, but then today it loaded without a blink, so if you have a problem, try again later. Some of the photos loaded for me right away, some took a while, and some just gave error messages and refused to do anything else. It's possible that they, like the site, will load at another time.

He also said that he has copies of some photos, some of which I took, and as he gets the time, he'll scan them for me so I can put them up here. He's already put up a photo of Nancy, who I talked about in the post, but didn't have a photo of. Here she is:


John's exact caption for this (so I don't get in any more trouble) is: Costume Designer Nancy Handwork works on Mona Goss' wardrobe on location at Laurel Sand & Gravel for my film Twilight Of The Dogs. Summer 1993. 

That one costume I did for Gage was the only one I did for the movie. With that single exception, all the costumes were made by Nancy, who is really fabulous at costumes.

*********************

Mostly, I'm posting today to let you know that I haven't forgotten you.

I am starting to write the instructions for the project I'm going to make for the Lion Brand Imagination Contest.  This particular project is not only for the contest, but it's a present for someone, and I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't be showing any photos here until the contest is over and it's given away.

******************

And I wanted to mention that I didn't realize that A Boy and his Dog was on Flix last night until right before it came on. The story is based closely on a novella by Harlan Ellison, so if you're a fan of his, you won't want to miss this movie, if you haven't seen it already. I recorded it on my DVR, but that will be gone at the beginning of next month, so the recording will go with it.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment