Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doctor Appointment on Saturday--Let the Insanity Begin!

I have a doctor's appointment on Saturday, and I'm already wound into a knot over it!

Actually, I started on this on Monday, but it wasn't so bad then. By Saturday, the only thing that will keep me from freaking out is extreme tiredness from getting up so early.

But Holly and I have to get up really, really early for this, and she has to do a lot of driving because the Veteran's Hospital in DC doesn't believe that, because I haven't been to the hospital in a while, I'm capable of telling that the hearing aids they issued to me don't work. I need a doctor to assess the problem and refer me to the hearing section.

My DVR isn't working, either, and I'm wondering if maybe I should take that along for him to look at, too. I didn't know that doctors did electronics, but then again, they don't do medical problems, either, for the most part.

This is nearly the stupidest medical thing that I've seen done that's not even really medical.

Here's some examples of things that I was told politely (usually, although one doctor did call me a hypochondriac) were in my mind and didn't exist:


  • A sinus infection (you'd think they could believe you about infections, at least)
  • Paget's Disease of the Bone
  • Allergies (OK, these are a little trickier)
  • Hypothyroidism (although most doctors won't diagnose this, but that doesn't excuse them)
  • Scarlet Fever
  • An overgrowth of bone blocking my ear due to Paget's Disease (the ENT at the VA hospital insisted that my ear was perfectly OK after just looking at the outside of it)
  • A friend's mother was told that the cancerous tumor (the size of a watermelon) was her imagination and given Valium for it!


Doctors in the United States are a joke!

I hate doctors, and don't want to go unless there's really no other choice.

Yes, there are a few of them that are good. And I really appreciate them when I can find them.

The rest just want to get paid, avoid getting sued, and don't care if they kill you as long as you pay them.

Oh, and in the example above, my friend's mother did die from her imagination (in the form of cancer).

And, at least 50% of the time, they insist on doing something really harmful to the patient. I'm getting so I won't agree and take medication, etc, unless I look it up on the internet and verify that it's actually a good thing for me to be taking.

Well, let me stop complaining and get on with my life.

I hope you're having a better week than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment