Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's June!

Happy June, everyone!


I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

I had planned to start watching the whole, complete Star Wars movies, all six movies yesterday, and finish them today. I watched the first three yesterday. Well, sort of.

So far, the first three have been butchered by Comcast, which decided I didn't really want any service from them for at least 20 minutes at about the first third of the way through the second movie!

Yes, that's right. Comcast had no connection to my apartment (or, from what I can tell, to anyone in the area) for 20 minutes on Saturday. Not only was the TV off, so was the internet.

Nada, Zip. Nothing.

My "brand new" just-got-it-on-Friday DVR also decided that "This DVR is not Authorized on this Network" just like the other one did, and turned itself off for about 20 minutes a bit earlier in the day from the power outage! So, the "new" DVR is just as defective as the one I traded in! So, I dumped a bunch of neat stuff to watch so I could get a DVR that is just as bad as the other one!

And as if that wasn't enough, they also weren't answering their phones and didn't have the grace to say "We all took the holiday off, and if you have a problem, we won't be available until Tuesday." I spent an hour and a quarter on the phone trying to tell someone about the long list of problems I have with Comcast. Oh, and the weather channel was off the air for more than a day. Their answer to the weather channel being off was not to check with the local station, which wasn't broadcasting it, but to send out a repairman! I asked how that would help, and was told that it was the only thing they could do. I asked them "If the repairman can fix it, why didn't he do that on Friday when he was out, or on the Wednesday of the previous week?" The phone person didn't have an answer for that.

Maybe the key is to get a repairman out here every week until they actually do something to fix their service?

********************************

In knitting news, the 12th of June is World Wide Knit in Public Day, but you can adjust the actual date you celebrate it. I don't usually get to go to a formal gathering, but if I'm out on WWKIP day, you can bet I'm knitting. In fact if I'm out, I'm probably knitting in public no matter what day it is. I expect to be at the Potomac Celtic Festival that day, and you can bet that I'll be knitting in public!

Yesterday, I finished spinning the blue wool/silk/bamboo roving that I got at the Sheep and Wool Festival. Photos soon. I planned to ply it with some medium blue singles I was spinning before that, but the solid blue is a much warmer blue than the other, and now I'm leaning toward plying it with some natural white Finn wool that I spun a while ago.

*****************************

Encore is running Wall-E off and on today. I saw part of it the other day, and really liked it, so I set my DVR to record it later today. Although I enjoyed it, it's a movie that's also suitable for kids. If you liked Finding Nemo, you'll like this, too.

Now that sweeps month is over, there's almost nothing on TV except reruns, and some of the stations aren't showing those because they don't get high enough ratings. In spite of the fact that I, personally would prefer to watch a good rerun rather than some of the dreck they're putting on.

We can expect things to pick up in July, though. Have fun in the meantime!

I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend, and will have a wonderful rest-of-the-week!

No comments:

Post a Comment