Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Steve Canyon is Coming Back!

I woke up this morning, and was just about to turn over and go back to sleep, when the phone rang. It was John, in his sweet, loving, ever-so-nice way giving me a shove, and getting me going on the cover of Volume 3 of the complete Steve Canyon on DVD. He had lots of ideas about the cover(s). I was half asleep when I talked to him, so I hope I can remember it all. "F-104" keeps running around my head. I'm not entirely sure why at this point, but I already found some great photos of them on the internet!

I wound up getting up and staggering around for a while (which is usual for me when attempting to wake up) and trying to get ready for the day and all the stuff I have to do, especially with the addition of the finishing the cover (at least the front cover) by tomorrow sometime.

John has had a lot of things to do in real life as well as stuff to do to get the video ready for DVD. You can read a bit more about it on his website, here.

He also mentioned something about selling DVDs on Amazon again. After looking around on Amazon, I find that he's right (he always is). Very soon, you will be able to buy Volume 1 of the Steve Canyon DVDs on Amazon. It's listed as "currently unavailable," but you can find it here, and it will be available soon.

And, yes, that is my artwork on the cover! I'm excited!

So, this is going to be a short post because I have all the aforementioned "stuff" to do.

**************************

For all you science fiction fen out there, here is something really neat!

Somebody made a cake in the shape of a cylon head, and it has a light that really lights up, and that tracks back and forth! See lots more about it, including a video here. You really have to see this!

**************************

News in on Flash Forward! I don't know about you, but I've been feeling that Flash Forward has been bogging down.

In fact, last week it was up against two shows that I really wanted to watch, and it lost the DVR lottery, at least as far as I'm concerned. If it was on a different night (like Tuesday, which has no SF regularly scheduled, or even Wednesday, when the only thing is some fantasy in the form of Eastwick, I'd still love to watch it. But no, they pitted it against the best night of TV all week, and it's losing the battle due to being far outclassed.

So, click the link to find out more.

********************************

Do you want to find out the real reason behind the mask that Darth Vader wore? Check out an interview with Ralph McQuarrie about how the whole helmet thing actually came into being.

**************************

I have to make a quick trip to the grocery store and then do laundry and then work on the cover, and it's dark already, so I'm going.

Tomorrow there will be a Thanksgiving post, and then nothing will be posted on Thanksgiving itself. Black Friday is iffy, but I'll try to get a post up.

Let me know what you're thankful for, and I may include it in the Black Friday post!

So, Happy Thanksgiving in advance!

***********************

Addition:

A friend posted this on Facebook:

There will be no Nativity Scene in Washington, D.C. this year! The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in the United States' Capital this Christmas season. This isn't for any religious reason. They simply have not been able to find Three Wise Men in the Nation's Capital. A search for a Virgin continues. There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment