Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

There's not a lot going on around here.

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, so if you want to do something that requires advance planning, this is your wake-up call.

Tonight, the only science fiction thing that will be on is V.

Tomorrow, there will be no SF on TV that I could find , except for a movie on SyFy at two pm (here). OK, I can imagine greater, but I'd still like a little SF on SyFy, please. I guess that's why they changed their name and it's no longer SciFi.

Eastwick won't be on tomorrow, either, and I'm really disappointed.

I've been reading The Magicians, and I have to say that it hasn't been living up to it's hype, at least so far. I'm at least three quarters of the way through the book, and so far, our hero, Quentin, hasn't gotten to Fillory, as promised on the book jacket. So far, the story has been about how hard it is to learn to be a Magician at the only school of magical higher learning in the United States. It's been interesting, but reads more like a documentary, so far. Maybe things are about to change from black and white to color on the next page, and it will get to be a good story. The book is due back at the library today, which means I can get it back tomorrow, free, but I may just take it back tomorrow even if I haven't finished it.

I hope you're having a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment