Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Rain

It's raining.

It's still raining.

The rain is still going on!

Today is the day that I was supposed to finally get to go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival, and here I sit at home, writing my blog.

I talked to Holly on Friday evening and she said that if it was going to be cold and rainy today that she wasn't going.

When I checked the weather station on TV last night, the first thing that hit my eye was a coastal flood warning! Then they said it was going to be cold and rainy.

The festival grounds are right down the road from an area where the road is frequently flooded, even when there doesn't seem to be much rain. In other words, it's very near sea level. Add rain and flood warnings to that equation, and it sounds pretty unappealing.

We could still go next weekend, but Holly has two knitting classes in Baltimore she's going to, so there won't be any transportation.

So that's it for this year. I've missed out!

So, I'm at home, and I'm planning to have some chunky soup (Chicken, broccoli, cheese) for dinner. The heat is on here, but if I don't open a window, it's overwhelming, so the window is open letting all the damp in, and making my apartment feel chilly and wet.

Actually, I enjoy the seasons, and the differences in weather around here. In a weird kind of way, I enjoy having weather like this from time to time. It's interesting and different, feels like Fall, and is a reason to wear a sweater. So, it's kind of good in it's own way. I just wish it would have done it next weekend, or sometime when I wasn't planning on walking around in the dirt all day.

So, I'm making the best of a bad situation by knitting my sweater and watching cool stuff from my DVR and cleaning it out because there's not much of anything I want to watch on TV.

I'm knitting the sweater from the top down and I've gotten to about two or three inches below the armhole, and I still haven't finished using up two whole balls of yarn! Since I ordered 15, I think I'm going to have some left over! Which is a good thing because I'm sure I'll be able to think of several things I'd love to knit once I see how much is left over.

I know. It's a slow news day, so here's something you might enjoy:


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment