Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cold, Rainy, Thursday

It's overcast, chilly and rainy here. The perfect day to stay inside.

Unfortunately, I had to go out.

The good news is:

The yarn for the sweater I'm going to make for myself arrived today. It's beautiful!

I picked up the instructions for the sweater from the library today (part of the reason I had to go out). I plan to actually buy the book, but that won't happen until a new influx of money next month. Here's the book:


The sweater I plan to make looks roughly like this:


I would want to make the neckline higher, with a little less negative ease, and make it a bit longer and add pockets, but this is the basic idea. And the yarn I got is the yarn that I made this set out of:


Sorry to repeat all this because I blogged about it the other day, but I didn't want you to have to search for the photos.

The buttons I'll probably use for this arrived yesterday. Steve has started casting things in pewter, and he sent me some shiny, silver-looking, tiny buttons with stars on them, and it suddenly occurs to me that this would be a perfect place to put them.

He also sent me some shiny, silver-looking buttons that are larger and have dragons on them! I'm excited! They're beautiful!

The bad news is that I finished the knitting on Holly's birthday present the other day, and started another project for her for Christmas, and I feel that I should finish that project before I start another one.

On the other hand, I will need to buy some beads to finish it, and I won't be able to afford them until next month, so I could probably talk myself into abandoning that project at any time, since I won't be able to finish it for a while, anyway.

I should mention here that I'm not going to say anything else about the project for Holly, so don't even bother to ask me about it! At least not on my blog.

************************

So, what this means is that I've got piles of knitting to do during all the wonderful TV shows that will be on tonight!

There's Flash Forward, Supernatural, Fringe, and The Mentalist on network TV. All of those are new tonight!

And on SyFy, there are three episodes of Masters of Horror, which I'm assuming is a show something like the Twilight Zone.

Be sure to check your local listings. Some of those things are on at the same time. I hope you have a DVR or TiVO! I do!

What could be more perfect? It's chilly and wet outside, but it's warm and snug inside with lots of fabulous stuff to watch on TV and more knitting than I can possibly do!

I hope your evening is as great as mine will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment